The Government of Federal Republic of Nigeria has applied for Credit from international Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) in the Country and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to the payments for the Services of the vacant Positions.
The Kogi State Community and Social Development Agency (KGCSDA), the implementing Agency for the CSDP within Kogi State, now invites Expression of Interest from eligible Candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer – Supervision
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of Operations Officers;
- Regular and timely liaison with other Project Officers for deployment of Operations Officers for field level activities;
- Assist in the provision of technical advice on all engineering works e.g construction/rehabilitation of infrastructure, erosion control bands, feeder road construction, environmental management, etc;
- In close liaison with relevant State Ministries, departments, agency(ies) ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with state level technical specification/standards for all social infrastructure;
- Prepare budget and work plan for supervision of CDPs and micro-projects contained therein;
- Provide guidance to operations officers designated to undertake supervision;
- Regularly submit monthly supervision reports to the Managers – Operations and M&E;
- Provide specific reports on supervision as may be requested by any of the Managers and the General Manager;
- Assist in organizing training for line Ministries, LGA, LGRC and Operations Officers in social infrastructure operations and maintenance, liaise with relevant state agency for certification for all social infrastructure at completion;
- Directly responsible to the Operations Manager;
- Any other duty(ies) assigned by the Operations Manager and the General Manager.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Social and Natural Sciences, with at least Five (5) years experience in design and/or supervision of social infrastructure construction.
- Computer literacy is essential and experience in implementing community level infrastructure is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
12:00pm; 9th November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Applicant (Private Sector or the Civil Service) should submit Five (5) numbers of hand written letters of Expression of Interest (EOI) with Five (5) copies of CV which must include details biodata, next of kin and relevant work experience to:
- The General Manager,
- Kogi State Community and Social Development Agency (KGCSDA),
- 4, Nature’s Garden Street,
- Ajacent Confluence Beach Hotel,
- P.M.B 202,
- Kogi State.
- The envelop should be clearly marked “Expression of Interest for the of Project Officer – Supervision” and “Do not open before 12:00pm; 9th November, 2016”.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.