Football Viewing Centre Business is a fast growing business in Nigeria because football is loved by people around the world; young and old, male and female and Nigeria is not an exception.
Nigerians loved watching football but they cannot watch it at the comfort of their homes because the right to watch the game at home is very cost so they prefers going to viewing centre to watch the football match. And as we all know that viewing centre is a gathering of football supported and they can go thousands miles away look for places to watch and support their teams. And as an entrepreneur, you know that this is a problem and solving the problem by providing centre close to them means generating money into your own pocket.
Ever considered to have a Football Viewing Centre Business? if yes is your answer then the following are the requirement to run the business.
1. Suitable Space: This is very important for viewing centre business, your space determine the number of people and your income because if you don’t have enough comfortable space for your customers, there’s a high chance they will patronize your competitors. Do you want that? I don’t think so. That is why you must make your space comfortable.
2. Wood Bench or Plastic Chairs: Wood bench is a good choice of seat that will last longer than the plastic chairs. Although plastic chairs are better but they are often get broken easily during celebrations of goals and match wins. So make your wood benches long enough to accommodate 100 to 200 sitting capacity depending on your space.
3. Standby generator: To make people stick with your centre is by providing alternative to power supply, in case of power failure. This will keep the match going uninterrupted with your backup generator. You can get a standby generator between N 32,000 or N35,000.
4. UPS: This is also very important in case of power outage and to keep the Decoder running you need to have a good UPS and you can get this are the rate of N5,000 to N10,000 depending on your choice.
5. Ceiling fan/Standing fans: To make the atmosphere cool and comfortable for you customers you need a ceiling fans or air conditioner (Ceiling fans will cost you N3,200)
6. Two/Three big Television set: Having two to three big T.V set allowed you to show two to three different matches at the same time. (Flat Screen T.V N 35,000 or N 42,000 per one)
7. DSTV Decoder: For you to have the right to show matches to your customer, you must have DSTV Decoder with dish which cost N18,500 per decoder.
8. Monthly Subscription: DSTV do charged Extra Viewing for N16,140 monthly while Collective Account is charged for N17,280.
9. Blackboard: This is the blackboard or notice board that will be in front of your football viewing centre to write out all upcoming matches for the day. it will help you to advertise your viewing centre as well. And writing matches fixture and their time helps fans not to miss out on any game to be play. This really help them to know exactly when the match will kick off.
8. Refrigerator: This is just in case you want to add another extra income by selling cold soft drinks and a good refrigerator will cost you between N35,000 to N40,000. And you can add some snacks like Gala, Pop corn etc. to it as well.
Now let us do a little estimation
Suitable Space: N50,000 for a year depending on the location
DSTV Decoder: N18,500 per decoder with dish
Another Decoder: N16,000 for dual view and without dish
Subscription: N16,140 for extra view
Installation: N7,000 depending
Standby Generator N32,000
2 T.V Set N30,000 not flat screen T.V
3 Ceiling Fans N9,600
Wood Benches N15,000 for start
N200,740 for dual view
Another Decoder N16,000 for collective account without dish
Now let us assume that setting up a Football Viewing Centre Business will cost you N200,000
If you are still wondering how are you going to generate a reasonable income from this business, then let us do a quick calculation. If you owe a 100 capacity viewing centre and you charge customers N70 per match, at the end of each match (which is 105minutes) you will made N7, 000! Imagine you running about three four matches a day, please note this depend on your location and not every matches customers will fill your viewing centre. I am very sure Football Viewing Centre Business will pay your bill if you manage it very well.
Football Viewing Centre Business Management Tips
Choose Hungry Location: Choosing a location for football viewing centre is very important and if you really want to make money from viewing centre business then you must choose a hungry place.
Treat Your Customers With Respect: Customers are the backbone of every business! Be friendly to your customers. They are the sole reason you are in the business without them your viewing centre will not grow.
Personal Relationship: Build a personal relationship with customers by keeping KYC “Know Your Customers” just like bank. Please note that your KYC should only has information like Name, Phone number and club supported.
Bonus/Bonanzas: This is very important to stay at the top of your game, in case you have competitors in your area, offer bonus/bonanzas to your customers so as to draw them and more customers to your centre. Bonuses are offers to the people who wanted to watch all the whole game on that particular day. Just be smart and creative with it.
Generator Location: Your Generator should be far away from where people are seated so as not to cause poisoning to people since its fumes are dangerous.
Extension sockets: Make available space for charging of phone by providing extension sockets in your viewing centre because of power failure in Nigeria people loves bring their charger to viewing centre to charge their phone but do not allow charging of laptop. And if you don’t want to scare your customers away please, don’t charge for charging of phone, make it free.
Fixture Matches: Make sure you write out all fixture matches on your notice board at the right time.
Maintain Good Rapport With Competitor: Soon or later you are going to have a competitor but never mind maintain a good rapport with them. Remember tip number one (very important).
Pay on Time: Pay your subscription on time don’t wait until when your view is cut off.
Collecting Payment: Most payment for viewing centres are collected at the gates or door before entry but you can always decide on how to collect your fees. Please, don’t allow friends to be claiming staff and don’t be a good Samaritan because if you are collecting N50 per match, some customers are ready to give you N20 for the game. So don’t give room for such.
Final note: Football Viewing Centre Businesses are to be operating as a Part Time business because you only show matches on a particular period/day. For instance during the week, matches are showing from 7:45pm to 10pm or 9pm to 11pm and weekend 12pm to 10pm. So invest the remaining time and days for something that will also generate income for you.
If you republish this post on your website, please give a link back to this post. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to share with your friends.